Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Testimonies on the Choice Program for youth!

Contributed by: Theresa Choong

We have been running the Choice program for the youth who attend our weekly prayer meetings. June 14 marked the end of the Choice program, we all have been blessed by the program and by the sharing of stories and lives. Here are a few testimonies of how the program had touched them...

How have you benefited from the choice program?

The choice program helped me a lot in terms of growth and maturity. Attending the weekly sessions helped me discover who I really am and how’s my relationship with others going. Before, I was afraid of showing my real feelings to others for the thought of being ignored or rejected. But now I realized that by just being my self, not pretending to be somebody or playing any games would give me freedom to express what I really feel without hesitations. - Jonalyn


What touched me the most in the choice program?
The one that touched me the most in the choice program is the letter-writing portion. In this portion, I have reflected almost all of the topics that we have encountered. I have brought out my feelings especially to my father through letter, which I have not done before. Doing this letter, I realized how important are my friends and my father to me. When I was writing I felt like God is guiding me so that I could express my appreciation to them. I also realized that I am so blessed for God has given the gift of my family and friends. Through them, I always feel the love of God for me. I always feel how worthy I am. Building a good relationship with them makes me feel closer to God.

Thanks to ICPE team especially to Ate (elder sister) Therese for introducing us the choice program, a lot of changes happened to our lives…
- Jonalyn

How has the Choice program impacted your life and how has it influenced your relationships?
The Choice Program opened up my mind and heart to all valuable and precious things in my own life. Where do I truly belong?-that’s one of the striking question that I encountered in the program, I never thought that life will be as simple, but after weeks and months under this program things became clearer to me. I became true listener, value commitment in a deeper sense, learned to accept myself as I am. Moreover I started to treasure and thank my family, friends and people who been to my formation all these time. Most of all, I am able to take a big step to know GOD as my father, CHRIST as my friend and started to make a decision to be with God’s love and grace forever.

Words will be never be enough how can am I blessed and spiritually gifted in the CHOICE PROGRAM. TO ICPE especially Therese who inspired us in her own precious way , from the bottom of heart MARAMING SALAMAT PO!
- Key Ann

No comments: