Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Children's ministry testimony from our team members

Since March, two new community members from Korea, Hana and Carol, joined the children ministry. Since then, they have been part of the different activities we organized for the children and also a Easter Family celebration. Let’s hear …

…..from Carol who shares about the Easter Family Event attended by about 50 families :

“ During the family event, we organized games, skit, activities, teachings and action songs. I saw more joy in the faces of the families and children on this day compared with our weekly ministry. It is meaningful to experience God's presence through them. At the end of the programme was a family activity. Each family had to make a ‘paper house’ together, which acts as a candle holder. On the outside of this ‘paper house’ family members drew their faces. The session ended with a prayer, asking God for new hope in our families. I felt the holy presence of God. When I was a child, Easter was a time for us to share eggs. Now I know that Easter is not just about sharing eggs, but about sharing the new hope we have in Christ. This new hope can be experienced in our hearts and families. It was a great opportunity to learn the new meaning of Easter.”



…..from Hana about her experience teaching children:

“I’ve been part of the children’s ministry for 3 months. At the beginning, I felt that our team was too small compared to the numerous children who came for our ministry. This challenged me especially when I had to prepare for a teaching. On one hand, I felt joy and excitement when I was tasked to prepare for a teaching, but on the other hand, I was fearful because this is my first time planning for a session. I relied on Jesus for his guidance and assurance. I asked Jesus many times “Do you think I can do that?”

I also shared my fears with the team, who prayed for me. As I relied on God to lead me, I felt inspired about the teaching and saw His marvelous work during the session as many children enjoyed the session and listened to me attentively. I could see the Holy Spirit’s working through their eyes and attitude. I was very touched by the children’s enthusiasm to learn, zeal for God and purity.

What I’ve learnt from is that God works in simple ways. His invitation to us is to simply be in His presence and spend our time with Him like children. My attitudes have also changed. After giving teachings about ‘listening’ and ‘courage’, I was able to listen more to others and God’s voice; and had courage to confront the distractions in my life. I felt as if the teaching was for me.”

No comments: