Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We have gone back to school!

3 of our members undergoing formation to become full time missionaries have recently enrolled in theological classes at the Divine Word Seminary. On 26 June, they trooped back to class to gain further knowledge regarding the faith, taking up modules in Christology and Christian Spirituality and Pastoral Introduction to the Old Testament.

Caroline from Korea

I am happy to study again! It’s exciting to study and learn more about the Bible and to understand Jesus more. I hope that the knowledge gained will help me in my pastoral work later in my life. Perhaps one day the Biblical characters could be a model and inspiration for the people with whom I will have the chance to share with!


Denzil from India

I’ve always wanted to learn more about the faith, Christ and God. Some time ago, an acquaintance told me that I could study theology easily from any book and hence no need for classes or formation. But I feel that studying theology during my formation years would enable me not only to gain knowledge but to put all that I have learned into practice in the ministries that I am involved in. I am enjoying my classes tremendously. Looking forward to more!


Domisiano from Korea

Attending these classes give me the opportunity to refresh my knowledge. I am also eager to meet people with the same zeal and passion. I feel that learning is a continuous process and I’m happy to continue studying. Through these classes, I hope to grow in knowledge and to identify what is still lacking in my growth as a missionary.




No comments: