Friday, July 23, 2010

Music training at Balikatan Ministry!

In our efforts to empower the members of our Balikatan Ministry in Montalban, Rizal Province, we have started guitar lessons for 10 of our members. Coming together once every fortnight, they are coached in the basics of guitar playing by our very own Domi! Although our members share one guitar at the lesson, it does not dampen their spirits as they come together to learn. Here’s what they have to say...
Georgina Calanao

"I want to learn how to play the guitar so that I can play for worship. My problem is that I do not have a guitar so I can’t practice. I find our music training very helpful as I can now play more during our small group meetings. I enjoy playing the guitar and singing."








Cristina Panelo

"I want to play the guitar as I would like to start playing in the church and also for our small group meetings. I’ve always wanted to play when I was young but I never had the chance to learn."













Perla Melmida

"I want very much to be able to play the guitar as I want to eventually lead worship. One day I hope to be able to pray by playing the guitar and worshipping God."

1 comment:

Theresa Choong said...

I'm sure, it's already in someone's mind to donate some guitars! Come on people!