Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Experiencing God as a volunteer...


My name is Karen Emmanuel. I am from Pakistan. Being here in the ICPE Mission, Philippines, is really an honour and blessing for me because I never thought or imagined that I could do this. It is GOD who brought me here.
During my stay, I experienced a strengthening of my faith by the power of the Holy Spirit. I grew in confidence in vocalizing my prayers during prayer sessions and I fulfilled my great desire to attend daily morning mass.
Two events really stand out in my time here thus far. The first was during a prayer session on New Year ’s Eve where we gathered as a community to thank God for his blessings throughout 2009. At that moment, I realized how the Holy Spirit had been working in my life and the many different things that happened to me in 2009. When the community prayed for me, I felt the

love of GOD pouring into me through his people and a sense of God saying “You are my beloved one. I love you. Believe in me and my spirit will be your light in the darkness of your life. Rejoice in me and my Holy Spirit in you shall be granted.”
The other significant moment was during a community praise and worship session. During that prayer session, I experienced very tangibly the presence of God. I felt God reminding me that He was holding my hand and His assurance for me not to be afraid.
This year, I believe that Jesus is really born in my heart. I have received Him as joy in my life together with the joy of the Holy Spirit.

Through the ministries to the children and adults in Montalban, I experienced what it means to bring Christ to another person. The ICPE missionaries helped me see how you can serve God and His people.

I end with this message to the ICPE community:-
Sometimes your existence gives hope to one person
Your smile can be a star for one person
Your presence might be the desire for many who
love you and believe in you.
So value yourselves. Bear in mind that you all are the source of happiness
of many lives from GOD.

No comments: