Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tariq, our children ministry volunteer


I am Tariq.b.John, a student of the Missionary Society of St. Paul (mssp). As part of my exposure to ministry in the Philippines, I currently volunteer with the ICPE to experience ministry to the children in Montalban. It has been about 8 months already and I join the group every Saturday. During these months, I felt that, the ministry had been conducted very faithfully through the planning of catechism and organizing different activities with different techniques and games to teach the children. I like the way that we always start the catechism class with prayer, first among us and then worship and praise with the children. Through that I really experienced the presence of God. Even though I am taking part in children ministry only, I can see some of the ICPE group members doing youth and family ministry. In a way, I can say we are not ministering only children but also taking care of the family in which they grow.

No comments: