Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Community Experience - Mike Arents


"My name is Mike Arents. I'm from the Netherlands and am 27 years old . After being a seminarian for the past 9 years, I completed my theological studies, and now decided to join ICPE Philippines for 'Community Experience'. The missionary call in my life was already present a long time ago, but God led me first to the seminary. Now I want to find out whether my missionary call is a call from God to join the ICPE mission longterm.

Although I have been to ICPE Manila a few times before. many things are still the same and familiar, but there are also many changes. Especially the community and the places of mission outreach. So far I really feel at home here and I feel very welcomed in the community. Being surrounded by only women and one married man is quite a change in my life. So far I only lived in communities of only men. But I have to say that everyone is very nice and so I feel OK with it now.

Also the missions we go on build me up. It is great to share the Gospel with people in Montalban, and our recent outreach to a local seminary was very nice. It is great to be back in the heart of Asia, being surrounded by Filipinos and other Asians here in our house. My heart goes out to them and I can experience God's love through them."

No comments: